Well I finally got around to taking photos of my purchases from the Manhattan Vintage Show. :) I was so excited when I got there, it was a first for me to stand on line to get into the show 10 minutes before it opened. I had so much fun, I felt like a kid in a candy store! The show was from 1-8 and I shopped for 5 hours and ended up purchasing 3 items, go figure haha If you've ever been to the show, it's a bit overwhelming and I only took a break to eat my snack, but it's like walking in a museum for hours and instead I'm adoring all of the beautiful vintage goodies before my eyes. Here are photos of my purchases:
front & back picture:

1950s Sheer Pink Dress with floral embroidery: I absolutely love this dress and I got so many compliments when I was trying it on in the fitting room, so of course I had to get it! :)

Vintage Peach Nightslip to go underneath the dress above and a 1950s Skirt
One of my favorite vintage vendors wasn't at this show for this month but will be in the next show in October. I was able to shop at my favorite booths & found a few other vintage stores that were affordable & had many items that were just my cup of tea. I bought the slip & the fifties dress from a vintage store from Canada and I am going to keep shopping at their booth from now on! :) I can't believe they've been selling at the show for years and I've never been to their booth because their booth is located near other booths that are really expensive. They were so friendly & had prices that did not give me a heart attack unlike the other booths there LOL!
Since Spring is finally here, well let's just say it's spring & then one day it feels like summer, I've been wanting to purchase my own bicycle. I really want a cute bicycle with a basket in the front, similar to the bicycle that was featured at the Cynthia Rowley fashion show in Spring 2008. I love the purple one that's in the back of the pink & white one. I checked the website and I don't think they're selling it anymore. Anyway, it costs $600 bucks and that is way too expensive for me. Hmmm.. maybe I could check out this new bicycle store that just opened downtown or check out some flea markets. I hope to find my dream bike soon...


~kimvee






34 comments:
I love everything that you got! I have been bugging Hub for a cruiser for years, but it just wouldn't get much use where I live!
Awesome purchases! I can't wait to see them in your upcoming posts.
Cute dresses :)
love the image of the bike & shoes too.
xo!!
nice stuff.. i like the dress
i loove the dress! whats the store in canada called? hopefully it's in toronto and i can go there when i go this summer!
xox
that pink dress is adorable. perhaps try garage sales for an old bike. i use my mum's old one which my brother did up for me. i love it!
Yay you posted your finds! LOVE the pink dress...wow. Totally sweeet. I wish we had those events here.
The first dress is so cute! I like the flowers so much. :P
ah.. i like the first dress very much. and i would love to have a bike in pink.
awesome buys and I know!!! I want a bike so badly right now...Last summer at the beach I saw two girls go riding by in beautiful old fashioned bikes with straw baskets in the front, and in one basket was an old radio playing music for them as they rode- so awesome =D
Wow those purchases are beautiful! :) x
what a great find! i love the peachy slip and the floral skirt. and cynthia rowly makes really great cruiser bikes. i was looking at her mint green one online.
That pink dress may be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Love it. & those bikes are awesome, if you go to scrap yards & stuff they sometimes have cool old school bikes really cheaply. Might need some work though...
Thanks for checking out my blog, love!
Lovely dresses... and great looking show! I love those bikes... I want to ride mine again now! :D
Those vintage buys are the loveliest things I've ever seen. So pretty! I've been wanting a basket for my bike, too.
Oh that pink dress is gorgeous! I love everything you bought. And what is up with the bikes in the blogging world??
the pink floral dress is so cute! how fresh for summer.
I love how sheer the first dress is =]
Bisous,
La C.
that dress is so pretty!
That first dress is so beautiful!! And unique...
C.Elizabeth
Sooo adorable! That slip is perfection!
wow such fabulous finds!!!
lovely :--D
esp. the bike!
xo
That sheer pink 1950's dress is fabulous!!
all these dresses are so so beautifull, that floral print bicycle looks fun!
xx
Wow, I love the pink dress so much! Great choice & taste! First time visiting your sweet blog! Will visit often from now on! :)
xoxo, s.
i absolutely love the first dress, those are such lovely purchase. i'd love to know what the store in Canada is if you remember? xx
gorgeous pieces. the first dress is gorge!
muah x
marian
wow those floral dresses are really pretty!! perfect perfect for summer! and the bike on the runway is so cute and very inspirational. great picks! :)
Love the spring styles. I feel like it gets so hot in SoCal so early in the year that I feel like we get ripped off on our Springs.
Great picks!
Omg, I am obsessed with that first dress! I seriously love it.
And I love that bike! I've been dyinggg for one, but you're right, $600 is a littleee much = /
Ahhh I love the pieces you got!! The pink floral dress is gorgeous! Perfect for a warm spring or summer day. And the blue skirt is perfect as well. I hope you have plenty of opportunities to wear your latest additions to your wardrobe :)
The pink dress is AMAZING, so pretty!
Post a Comment