Friday, August 14, 2009

M.I.A.mi

This entry is going to be filled with many photos, so bare with me.  :P I have been very busy finding more goodies for OHMYVINTAGE and actually went to Miami last week.  Now, I am currently sick with a sore throat probably because I got a sun burn and went swimming nearly everyday.  Oh well, I had a lot of fun in Miami & I am already missing the beautiful clear blue ocean water & the beach.  Here are some photos from my trip:


^Before I got my major sun burn on my shoulders ;\

^My friends & I all dressed up to go dancing at Mansion^
Balcony view from the pool.  It was so weird to see only palm trees everywhere instead of regular trees. haha

^Eating roasted chicken with a side of rice & plantains at Gloria Estefan's restaurant^
Cupcake dessert at Barton G, isn't it so adorable!?  My friends & I were able to decorate our own cupcakes & serve our ice cream on those tiny chocolate covered ice cream cones.  The umbrella & the picnic table reminded me of American Girl! ahh so adorable!

Also, during the last few weeks of July, I finally had the chance to meet up with Rodellee, the owner of Adorevintage.com, :)  We have known each other for 5 years chatting  about everyday life, our love for vintage, etc.  I was able to get two free tickets for us to walk around MOMA.  Afterwards, we had a hot chocolate & espresso talking about life, Pet Society! lol and how similar both our mothers are.  It was a pleasure to finally meet you Rodellee, you are so nice & thank you for the card.  Hope you have a safe move to LA and I hope you enjoyed your visit to NY :)
^Sitting on one of the art pieces outside of the MOMA museum^
^Thanks for making me look taller Rodelle LOL  We took pictures of our vintage outfits, hoping the Sartorialist would be around somewhere to take our picture in NY hahaha^
My outfit:  50s pink floral embroidered dress, Charlotte Russe white ballet flats, gold & pink vintage ring and late 50s-60s vintage leather ostrich handbag
^Rodellee wore this adorable 40s navy blue dress & 60s black patent leather purse.  Her t-strap heels are so pretty! :)^
I also want to thank those who greeted me with birthday wishes!  I had so much fun & danced the night away with a group of my closest friends :)  Here is a picture of me & my friends on my birthday.  I am wearing a Betsey Johnson butterfly printed halter dress, vintage reptile gold chain handbag, vintage jewelry & gold mossimo peep toe heels.

I hope everyone is enjoying the rest of the summer.  Now I am going back to rest & I hope I feel better soon, because I am so over this sore throat.  :T

~kimvee

22 comments:

ceecee said...

You all look stunning and gorgeous with a capital G. Honest to God I was thinking of you just yesterday! I can see that Miami was a blast. The pink dress is tres chic, Kimvee!
Catherine

Aya Smith said...

Both of you girls look so gorgeous! Hair and dresses and all... stunning!

Anonymous said...

feel better soon! looks like a fun trip

Allison said...

You are absolutely GORGEOUS! I am loving every single outfit you wore - starting with that fabulous picture of you on the beach. You have an impeccable sense of fashion!
And you and your friend look absolutely fabulous. Free MoMA tickets?! How did you pull that one off, girl?!

Baybay Mama said...

I adore the 40's look. Perfection!

Anonymous said...

love the outfits!! :) thank u for the beautiful comment!! n good luck with your vintage store adventure!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Beautiful pictures! You and your friends are so gorgeous! I've always wanted to visit Miami! The beach looks amazing! xxoxoxo

carolyn said...

Oh no get better soon! You guys look like you had so much fun, and looked awesome and gorgeous while have so much fun =) And you should try making sushi too- it's so much fun when you finally get it right haha

Haute World said...

Gorgeous images - thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a great time and the two of you look beautiful. Both your dresses are so lovely. Sorry to hear you're sick now, but hopefully the trip was worth it - get better soon!

Lovely blog by the way :)

Amelia said...

Lovely pictures! The beach looks so nice. I adore your 50s dress :)

May Kasahara said...

that betsey johnson is AMAZING * * * * perfect birthday dress.
you're gorgeous.

CestLaVy said...

You look so pretty!!!! I need to hit the beach soon. =)

Swallow and the Swift said...

looks like you had a blast! vacations always give me colds also. i think it's just the change of temperature/ weather/ air quality. hope you're feeling better. and i'm jealous of your bikini body. i've been missing you in the store lately. :)

Behind The Seams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Behind The Seams said...

looks like fun! ;)

Wrecked Stellar said...

looks like you ladies had a great time! love that 50s vintage dress, so pretty!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

WOW looks like you had an amazing time! Great pictures....omg that dessert ; )

C.Elizabeth and Natalia said...

You are so lucky to live near Miami! I miss it so much. Gorgeous photos as well... and I especially like the light pink dress. It's so beautiful!

C.Elizabeth

thimbles and gingham said...

looks like you had a wonderful time. hope you get better soon.

micol zanzuri said...

you are so gorgeus anr refine!

Syed said...

Looks like you had such a fun time! You all look gorgeous in that last shot :) Hope you're having a beautiful week.

Yet said...

You girls really know how to dress! I'm just loving everything about your vintage outfits!!