Wednesday, November 18, 2009

UPDATE! New chapter in my life

Hello bloggers! It has been way too long since my last blog post. A lot has happened and I've been either too tired or busy to take the time to write in here. I seriously miss posting blog entries and I need to do this more often, because I honestly miss it ;T Anyway, what is new with me? Well, after applying to millions of jobs online & going to several interviews at different places, surprisingly, I finally found one within this recession! I started a new career in visual merchandising, which was my major in college and I have been working for over a month now & it's a lot of fun & tiring at the same time. I am thankful & grateful for starting this new chapter in my life especially after the struggle I had to go through with being laid off due to downsizing in my previous job. Things are starting to brighten up and I would like to thank the Lord for blessing me with my family, friends & for everything He has given me :)

Of course, I still need to be wise and save money. Well.... I'm *trying* I have worked hard over the past month and decided to treat myself to some vintage goodies haha! Here is one of the items I have treated myself to, purchased at Another Man's Treasure:
Vintage Black & Gold Lion Earrings
(please excuse the dust, the sun kept beaming on it lol)
I am not a huge Hilary Duff fan, but I am a fan of the Gossip Girl show! :) I was watching this week's episode and saw Hilary Duff was wearing earrings (featured in the picture above) that looked similar to the vintage earrings I bought! HAHA! I was surprised to the similarity between my most recent purchase & Duff's earrings. I wonder if her earrings are vintage or they were inspired by a pair of vintage earrings, perhaps mine? Who knows? However, the lion & black drop of the earring are more wide & look different. If anyone knows if her earrings are vintage or not, please let me know. I am very interested. lol

~kimvee

24 comments:

Talisa said...

Great pictures,thanks for your sweet comment:)No one told me yet that I look like Natalie Portman,it´s a nice Compliment she is a wonderful actress:)But I guess I look quite different in real life than on the pictures:)

CestLaVy said...

Congrats on your new job! Must feel great to be back in the field. Love the earrings too.

- Vyvian

jack bespoke said...

haha true, they look very similar

bespok.com

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I love Hilary and the show =) Cute earrings!

You can still enter my jammie swap if you'd like, today is the last day ;)

Patty Ann said...

omggg cute earrings, and i almost thought they were the ones hilary was wearing until i read your caption!!!! cute, great find!
xxx

AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

Diary of a Young Designer said...

That is so great! Congrats on your job, hope all goes swell! The earrings are adorable and I'm guessing they could be vintage inspired (hillary's I mean).

xo
Sophie

Unknown said...

Nice blog <3

JOWY said...

AWESOME, THEY LOOK ALMOST THE SAME! AND THEY ARE GORGEOUS!

One Love,
Jowy
www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

Syed said...

Congratulations on the job!!! And oooh those lion earrings look so amazing. Hope you're having a beautiful weekend :)

Anonymous said...

those are really cool earring, great find

Ashlyn said...

How cool that they are so similar! Great earrings for sure!

Ilanka Verhoeven said...

Great earings!
X, fashion-nerdic.

Nina (Femme Rationale) said...

congrats on the new job!

Fashion Doohickey said...

Those earrings are cute. :D

we know we love you
xoxo

fashiondoohickey.. ;)

J. said...

Congrats on the new job! sounds great!

Swallow and the Swift said...

i saw that episode right after you bought the earrings at AMT and said to my boyfriend "they look like Kim's earrings!" you're so fashion forward!

Allison said...

Congrats on the new job, girl! I'm glad you're loving it - it kind of makes it being tiring more worth it! =)
I'm LOVING those earrings...they almost look like a Versace-ish design with those lion heads!

Amelia said...

Those earrings are so pretty! Very nice.

J said...

wow! they look very alike!! nice buy! they're gorgeous

Gladys said...

Thanks for your commment :D
Wow that's so cool, the earring look very similar! and congrats on your job!

Gladys

ceecee said...

Dear Kimvee -

Wishing you a happy, bright, and successful New Year!

Catherine xx

Hi, I'm Ely. said...

i love her outfit in that shot! those earrings are beautiful. soo jealous

www.musingofsorts.com
www.ucdtxc.com

Ingrid Alise said...

lovely earrings! i'm obsessed with lions and gold accessories these days :)

Style Child said...

Congrats on your job!
I feel so lucky to have found a job after searching for seven months!
My industry (writing/ journalism) is such a tough one- especially in this recession!
You deserved those gorgeeouusss earrings!