Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's more than an addiction..it's a lifestyle

I have been updating my other blog more than this one, but I've been so focused on updating my etsy on a daily basis. So I've decided to actually take the time to update my personal blog now :) Although I like keeping myself busy, I know I need to give myself some more "me" time to relax & clear my mind to gain back some of my sanity haha! I have been focused on my new year's resolutions and so far I have been doing really well sticking to my resolutions for 2010, which is a good thing. I believe if I list it for everyone to see, for some reason it usually doesn't get accomplished, so I think keeping it to myself is a good way to keep me motivated everyday.

Anyway, I went to the Manhattan Vintage Show on Friday and of course I did not leave empty handed. I went to all of my favorite booths and even purchased two dresses from one of my favorite local vintage stores, Another Man's Treasure, which I occasionally go to for most of my vintage purchases :) Here are all of the vintage treasures I got for myself, I can't wait to wear them when spring approaches :)

MVS Purchases

From left to right:
  • Vintage white fur trim collar sweater
  • 1970s Navy sailor dress with gold anchor buttons
  • 1950s Blue floral summer dress
  • Vintage black & white striped dress

18 comments:

Anastasia said...

i wish i could just walk into a Thrift shop and scour for stuff - im not that good at it so I stick to the bricbrac and book sections - i do love to browse on etsy and Ebay though - got a couple of vintage dresses and skirts that i love!

J said...

wow those are some great pieces!! u should def post pics of you wearing them, can't wait!

Tina said...

Wow, those are some awesome things you got! Very cute dresses!

Hayley Ann said...

I wannnnnt that sailor dress. Oh my goodness.

Anonymous said...

Love the last dress and can imagine you looking really cute in it! I haven't been vintage shopping in so long - I really miss it!

J. said...

Great finds! I love the dresses especially!

Angela said...

the third dress is cute.

May Kasahara said...

the black and white striped dress is WOW. ♥ it. can't wait to see you rock it.

Nina (Femme Rationale) said...

the fur trimmed cardi is super cute - perfect for spring.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That sailor dress is adorable!

Anonymous said...

i love all of this! so so cute!

Devina said...

Wow.. I loved all of that outfit..

All of them so vintage and unique plus beautiful...

I wish i could have the summer dress...

Indy said...

I love the striped dress! I love vintage!!!

AVY said...

Navy is hot.

Emz said...

haha. I'm so so bad at vintage shopping, but you seem to have great picks!

Anonymous said...

wow you had some great finds this weekend! i really love the fur collar on the new cardigan, and the floral sundress is beautiful. ~joelle

Cupcakes are fashion ! said...

You are making me love vintage !

visit my blog about fashion too :
www.cupcakesarefashion.com :D

XOXO, C.

Constance said...

These are all gorgeous!