Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Get hip, get green

As much as I love the weather that we've been having since the beginning of August, it scares me, because August is supposed to be the hottest month of the summer and this sort of weather only occurs during Spring.  Global warming frightens me and I do everything I can to help protect our planet.  Here is a list of things that I do to save the environment:
  • Reduce, reuse, RECYCLE everything
  • Vintage Shopping (LOVE IT! ;P)
  • Unplug appliances & lights when not in use before I leave my house
  • Bring my "Get hip, Get Green" bag & other organic bags with me whenever I go shopping
  • I never leave the water running while brushing my teeth & I leave it off while washing my face with soap & then turn it back on when I have to rinse my face
  • I commute everyday by using the train, so I rarely drive which means I don't pollute the air with gas (plus, I don't have to worry about the ridiculous gas prices haha!)  
  • When my boyfriend isn't driving his car, we drive his parents' car at times which is a Hybrid :)
I've been meaning to purchase energy light bulbs and my own recycling can for my room rather than going to the recycling can outside all the time ugh. haha

I am so excited for the fall weather to occur because I am sick of mosquitoes and I love the cold brisk of air.  However, I have been doing my best not to shop, but I really do need clothes for the fall weather that will be arriving, it's so hard to resist shopping, I'm addicted and of course the vintage junkie that I am,  purchased only 2 items at a good price.  I'm saving the environment aren't I?  HAHA!

I purchased a vintage lambswool cardigan with black lace.  I absolutely adore this sweater it has adorable rhinestone buttons, beautiful collar details and lace in the front and back!  The picture does no justice, but I promise you it is beautiful and it's not too clingy or too baggy.  Plus, I can push the sleeves up to make it look like it's a 3/4 sleeve cardigan.  loving it! :)
lambswoolcardigan
I am excited to wear these vintage eyeglasses (Made in France) with the cardigans I've purchased in the past and other cute outfits for fall. :)  I wear them with my contacts because I think I would look like a nerd if I made them into prescription eyeglasses.  However, I am a book worm and I think these eyeglasses are so cute :)

vintage eyeglasses

I'll end this entry with some nice eye candy:  Orlando Bloom.  He is HOT! HOT! HOT! Thanks for the pictures Leah! ahahaha
orlando bloom
~kimvee

1 comment:

fashionablea late said...

you're totally welcome for the pictures, kim! `=D