Monday, August 11, 2008

Dinner Date & Movie

Three weeks ago I had dinner with my boyfriend & after that we watched Dark Knight.  Dark Knight is freekin AWESOME!!! hehe I was so proud of Heath Ledger, it's so sad that he passed away at a very young age.  :(  I applaud his performance in the Dark Knight.  I must admit, playing the role of Joker must have been really difficult but he managed to act as a crazy psychopath very well.  

Anyways.. here is a picture of my outfit that I wore on my dinner/movie date :)
 
Summer Bliss ... .. .

- AMT Vintage Summer Dress (My favorite part is the bow in the back :] )
- AMT Vintage Orange Floral Earrings
- AMT Vintage Owl Pendant Necklace
- AMT Vintage Floral Heart Ring
- HALA VINTAGE Basket Handbag
- Afaze Gold Studded T-Strap Wedge Sandals

My boyfriend & I ate at one of our favorite restaurants, T-thai in Hoboken.  The lighting is dim with candle light, cozy and there are tables outside as well if you prefer to eat outside on a beautiful night.  Did I mention the food is delicious?! :) 

Dinner with Pat :)

Dinner & Movie with Patrick
After we bought our tickets to watch Dark Knight.  We bumped into one of our high school friends and started talking.  During our conversation some strange woman approached me and started talking to me.  Here is what happened:

Strange Woman: "I need to talk to you."
Me:  "Yeah.  Who are you?"
Strange Woman:  "A very good thing is going to happen to you."
Me:  (realizing .. Oh she's one of those "people" haha) "ummmm...??"
Patrick:  (brings me to his side) "I'm the good thing that happened to her in her life haha!"
Strange Woman:  "You really need to know what it is."
Me:  "Are you going to charge me to know what it is."
Strange Woman: "Yeah..."
Me:  "How much?"
Strange Woman:  "20 bucks"
Me:  (Shocked!) "20 bucks!  We just spent 20 bucks for movie tickets! Are you serious?!"
Strange Woman:  "Okay, 10 bucks."
Patrick:  (looks at me)  "Don't do it."
Me:  (realizing I would never pay 10 or even 20 bucks to pay to know my so called 'future' and knew that she probably would have made it up.  Plus, I'm Catholic and I would not want to go against my beliefs to know what lays ahead of me in the future.  What would be the point of life? Right?)
Me:  "That's OK.   I don't want to know"
Strange Woman:   "You sure?"
Me:  "Yeah."
Strange Woman:  "Okay, well if you change your mind, here's my information."  (hands over her flyer)
Me:  (Takes flyer even though I am going to throw it away)  
The lady walks away and we start laughing because we read her flyer and her name is Bujie! AHAHA What a name!  We look at her & she's smoking a cigarette.  Crazy people these days... haha.

I've been really good with my shopping habits.  I have only been spending money on things I need not "want." haha It's been really difficult.  However, I keep reminding myself that I work hard for my money and I really need to save it for things that really matter such as student loans that I will be paying in a couple of months, food! haha, etc..  However, I did take pictures of my purchases during my last few days of shopping like a mad woman haha

Purchases
AMT Vintage
- 1940s Floral Dress
- 1980s Purple Bow Print Dress
- Vintage Necklaces

Hello Again Vintage
- Platters Record
- The Lennon Sisters Record

More Purchases

- AMT Vintage Lacoste Cardigans
- Betsey Johnson Eyelet Strapless Dress on SALE
- Hello Again Vintage Mesh Clutch w/ Bow embellishment & Pink Suede Leather Heels

By the way, fashionpirates dedicated a whole blog entry to HALA VINTAGE, the vintage store that I work at on the weekends.  Go check it out hehe:  

 http://fashionpirates.blogspot.com/2008/08/hala-at-yo-grl-screw-you-blayne.html

I enjoyed reading about your shopping experience. :)

~ kimvee

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i remember that sequin clutch from helloagain! glad you got it, it's been there for ages.

i stopped by on friday, i was going to go on saturday but something came up. i'll see you another weekend though, of course!

ADOREDVINTAGE said...

Thank you for the kind comments Kim. I'm so sorry I missed your birthday, an extremely belated birthday to you.

As far as shopping goes, just realize your "needs" are usually your wants you've projected as needs. I've been keeping this in mind and haven't shopped or had a desire to shop for over 3 weeks now... a bit impressive for me, but who's counting? LOL.

You look so lovely in your dinner/movie date outfit. I miss when Justin and I went on dates. We don't really go on dress up dates anymore. *shrug*

Unknown said...

This is another great night out just you and me, with Bujie at the end!! lol what a lovely evening, it would be a memory I sure will cherish forever. From your dress to the dinner, all where hot and spicy!! hehe have a lovely day!!

Love,
Pat

Sarah said...

your blog is looking so fantastic. and i love all your pictures. you look AMAZING in that dress!!!

LOVE your blog girl! Those vintage buys are so great. Bangkok isn't huge on vintage unfortunately... I only know ONE place that sells great vintage, and it's usually a hit or miss... anyway, keep it up!

Sierra Buffum said...

I want that dress. Seriously. AMAZING!

Ashlee said...

love the back of that dress.

and your vintage finds.

great blog.

Doriz Jeltzin said...

The dress looks great and so does the food. To night I will also go see the dark knight, and eat dinner.