Friday, February 27, 2009

Chick Flicks

For Valentine's Day, my boyfriend was kind enough to watch the Confessions of a Shopaholic movie with me :)  I was afraid that he wouldn't like the movie.  Surprisingly, he really liked the movie despite the girlyness.  I have only read up to Confessions of a Shopaholic goes to Manhattan and the movie was a bit different than the books but I absolutely loved the styling of the wardrobe.  I wish I could have her closet minus the amount of debt she is in.  Overall, I thought the movie was cute, girly & very funny!  


I really love her pink macbook.  I wish I got this, but I still love my regular MAC. ;)



My girlfriends called me up the next day to watch He' s just not that into you.  It is definitely a chick flick and I highly recommend this movie for all women to see.  It's so amazing how all of the women in the audience had the same reactions while watching certain parts of the movie HAHA!



Speaking of being a shopaholic,  LOL I recently received this quilted bag in the mail yesterday :)  I always get so excited when I receive things in the mail, it's like giving presents to yourself.  HAHA I have been obsessed with purchasing quilted bags with my friend and this will be added to my collection since I can't afford the price tag of a real CHANEL bag.  `sigh someday, but this will do for now ;P


Here is a video of my boyfriend Patrick singing a Mario Kart Love song that was originally created by some other guy on youtube.  It's a really cute song and I am so proud of Patrick because he has learned the guitar and is learning piano as well.  He has such a lovely voice and I keep urging him to try out for American Idol.  LOL!  However, he is going to graduate this coming May/June and definitely wanted to finish school before pursuing his other dream of becoming a singer :)  Show some love on his youtube page with comments & tell your friends. hehe*  So until then, you can listen to him on his first youtube video below.  I hope you enjoy his singing as much as I do.  


~ kimvee

34 comments:

FASHION CHALET said...

I really want to see Confessions... =]

Thanks for the comment, you're so sweet. Surprisingly the heels are comfortable<3

xx

Emz said...

Sounds like fun! I wanna watch those movies!

Annisa NF said...

I wanna watch too. and your boyfriend is sooo sweet ;)

xo

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

your boyfriend is so good at the guitar! very sweet :)

Baybay Mama said...

I think Isla Fischer is absolutely adorable.

x said...

ahh i want to see that! i'll probably go see it in german haha. tell your boyfriend to go for it!

Allison said...

I haven't seen either of those movies, but I've been wanting to :) I'm glad you enjoyed them, I'll definitely have to check them out!
Your boyfriend is great at the guitar!

Amelia said...

Confessions of a Shopaholic looks so cute. I love that bag. I've been looking for one like it.

Song of Style said...

everyone keeps telling meeh how good the movie was. i can't wait to see it with my mom or my girl friends. hehehe and yes the chanel bag is real. lol i did a post about it couple weeks ago.
and ur bf singing is super cute. hehe

. said...

omg, was your BF singing lucky on youtube? there was this guy really similar to him but there was another girl alyssa i think singing in it haha. they might have just looked similar. Confessions of a Shopaholic was soooo awesome. I saw it last night and the purple dress along with the white skirt/limegreen top and miumius were my FAVE! ahh i was dying the whole time ;) "top: amex, skirt: visa" haha or somethin like that.

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Oh my gosh! He is so adorable =]

And I need to see that movie!

xoxo,
La C.

Eeli said...

I've heard such positive reviews for this movie i cannot wait to rent it out (i'm a cheapo and cannot afford movie tickets haha)

Your bf is a cutie too. Such a sweet smile he has.

Hope you've been well dearie

Eeli xx

FashionSqueah! said...

Your new bag is lovely, even if it isn't Chanel! I really want to see Confessions of a Shopaholic, I'm glad you've told us it was worth seeing! Char x

Behind The Seams said...

thanks for adding me to your blogroll.. cute blog you have! havent watched confessions.. looks good though! =)

Delmy said...

Thanks for the comment! You have a great blog. And Iknow what u mean about the chanel bag. I want one!

a.beauti.ful..mess said...

ohmg. I'v e been dying to see that!!! i think this FRIDAY"S girl's night agenda will definitely include a trip there. I am such a vintage junkie myself! and woW dude you got to go to a martha filming? its on the back side of my school and ive been wanting to attend.. i think its time i jump on that opp.

where are your places to shop for vintage around ny?

Anonymous said...

Thank you!...hahaha..at least someone like the blog..lol...
OOOHhhh cute bag .. so lovely and chic...
wow I want to see those two movies but apparently ..everyone bails on me..hahaha I know it's sad.

a.beauti.ful..mess said...

i missed the last manhattan vintage show.

um. theres actually a very good salvation army next to my school in chelsea. that i pop in and find Awesome random finds. but its a hit or miss. i've found marc jacobs. givenchy. calvin K collection. and tons of other cool vintage finds.

i do shop the flea markets more so around spring. its freezing otherwise. I agree the flea markets can be very overpriced.

beacon's closet in brooklyn is a great place when you're in an enthusiastic mood and on a mission to dig.

Elizabeth said...

I want to see confessions of a shopoholic so much! it looks so good
&& i know what you mean about he's just not that into you, it was amazing!
I love the bag, very cute
and your bf is a very lovely singer and guitarist!
=)

Tiffany Ling Tse said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my site! :) I recently watched Confessions of a Shopaholic & He's Just Not That Into You and loved them both! They're both super cute chick flicks that aren't that cheesy, I thought :) And the styling in Confessions was really cute, colorful, and over the top in a good way!

Your boyfriend is awesome on the guitar and has a great voice! He should definitely try out for Idol :)

CestLaVy said...

hey there! yay i love vintage blogs. i haven't watched the movie yet. waiting for it to die down a bit before i head to the theater. =) a pink macbook would be so cute to have but i agree with ya, i'm happy with my plain mac pro. =) you can always get a pink sleeve? haha... lovely blog!

a.beauti.ful..mess said...

its.. i believe on. 23rd st and 8th Ave.

Hayley Ann said...

thanks for all your comments, im so sorry i've been a horrible blog-friend. shame on me! hehe. but gosh, i really want to see confessions really bad, so so cute. and i want that bag! NOW! hahah

<3

crystal said...

Aww, your bf is really good! I haven't seen Shopaholic yet, but I should!!

Anonymous said...

i cant wait to see this, isla is such a cutie!

Unknown said...

oooh i saw confessions and thought it was super kute.. i need to go see he's just not that into you

JINX said...

check out my girl RUMI

-chris

Aline said...

I can't wait to see confessions...I loved all of the books!

Anonymous said...

Your white bag is lovely :) I really liked the video of your bf singing, he has such a nice voice !

Ashton said...

that movie looks so cute, and her pink macbook is adorable!

Anonymous said...

The movie was pretty cute, I must say.

Heyy.. are you that Kim vee whom I went to school with & I think lives down the block from me? LOL. I sound stalkerish.


xoxo, Jei
http://noiretro.cjb.net

Anonymous said...

i need to see that movie!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

thanks for visting my blog =) I need to see confessions still, it looks great. I loved he's just not that into you! aw nice ur bf is!! lucky gal!

Taylor said...

confessions of a shopoholiv = worst movie i have ever seen. the stylist was.. really bad. hah
but your boyfriend is adorable!!